[python #SPE-980344]: Use of MetPy for COSMIC data

Hi, and thanks for reaching out!

MetPy can be used for analysis of any data that you can read into Python!

Take a look at our Getting Started guide on the documentation for a quick
overview

  https://unidata.github.io/MetPy/latest/userguide/startingguide.html

our Example Gallery,

  https://unidata.github.io/MetPy/latest/examples/index.html

and the list of all functionality available in MetPy,

  https://unidata.github.io/MetPy/latest/api/index.html

Finally, our playlist of weekly short videos on what using MetPy can really
look like, MetPy Mondays:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQut5OXpV-0ir4IdllSt1iEZKTwFBa7kO

If you can read your data into Python, and you want to analyze or visualize
your data in ways that Meteorologists and Atmospheric Scientists might, then
MetPy can potentially help you. A tip: using xarray
(https://docs.xarray.dev/en/stable/) can make your life a lot easier,
especially with NetCDF files. Check out our guide on using xarray with MetPy:
https://unidata.github.io/MetPy/latest/tutorials/xarray_tutorial.html

I'm not specifically familiar with COSMIC data or space weather workflows, so
please play around, take a look, and don't hesitate to follow up with specific
questions you have about reading in data or doing certain analyses and
visualizations. Hope this helps!

All the best,

Drew

> I am a new staff member here and I would like to find out if MetPy could be
> used for analysing the COSMIC data. I am actually working on PrfTc2 nc
> files and other for space weather data. products.
> I would be glad to have your guidance on this.

Ticket ID: SPE-980344
Department: Support Python