[python #DGC-337873]: Run MetPy on Google Colab?

Greetings!

Apologies on the delayed response.

Can you confirm what version of MetPy you have installed (using `pip list`)?
You'll want to make sure you're using MetPy 0.12.2 if you have the latest
CartoPy 0.18, which I'm guessing you do have since you just installed. You can
upgrade metpy with:

    pip install --upgrade metpy

Hope this helps,

Ryan

> Hi, Drew
>
> Thanks for getting back to me!  I was able to install the packages, but I
> still ran into trouble when I tried to reproduce the examples on the MetPy
> website (https://unidata.github.io/MetPy/latest/startingguide.html).
>
> For installation, I used your suggestions:
>
> !pip install metpy
> !apt-get -qq install python-cartopy python3-cartopy
> !pip uninstall -y shapely
> !pip install shapely --no-binary shapely
>
> After this, I copied and ran the Skew-T example from
> https://unidata.github.io/MetPy/latest/startingguide.html.  Here are the
> error messages I got
>
> NameError                                 Traceback (most recent call last)
> <ipython-input-3-47198a331241> in <module>()
> 2 import numpy as np
> 3 import metpy.calc as mpcalc
> ----> 4 from metpy.plots import SkewT
> 5 from metpy.units import units
> 6
>
> /usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/metpy/plots/__init__.py in <module>()
> 17 logger = logging.getLogger(__name__)
> 18
> ---> 19 __all__ = ctables.__all__[:]  # pylint: disable=undefined-variable
> 20 __all__.extend(declarative.__all__)  # pylint: disable=undefined-variable
> 21 __all__.extend(skewt.__all__)  # pylint: disable=undefined-variable
>
> NameError: name 'ctables' is not defined

Ticket ID: DGC-337873
Department: Support Python