[IDV #LKR-160339]: Why no love?

> I got the error (below) when trying to access a Level 2 data set at PODAAC.
>
> With the exception of "time" all of the variables in the dataset are
> Grids with a single Map of "time”.
>
> https://podaac-opendap.jpl.nasa.gov/opendap/allData/saral/preview/L2/XOGDR-SSHA/c112/SRL_OPRSSHA_2PTS112_0002_20170828_153728_20170828_171708.EUM.nc.dds
>
> Could this arragement may be the source of the issue?
>
> Otherwise I am concerned that the error message "handshake alert:
> unrecognized_name" may point to some deeper issue with protocol
> compatibility that we may need to examine.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nathan
>
> There was an error loading the data:
> Error creating data source:file.grid with:
> https://podaac-opendap.jpl.nasa.gov/opendap/allData/saral/preview/L2/XOGDR-SSHA/c112/SRL_OPRSSHA_2PTS112_0002_20170828_153728_20170828_171708.EUM.nc
>
> Grid data source failed making data set:
> https://podaac-opendap.jpl.nasa.gov/opendap/allData/saral/preview/L2/XOGDR-SSHA/c112/SRL_OPRSSHA_2PTS112_0002_20170828_153728_20170828_171708.EUM.nc
>
> handshake alert:  unrecognized_name
>
> = = =
> Nathan Potter

Greetings Nathan,

It looks like there is an issue with the SSL certificate being used by the
PO.DAAC. I
think the main thing is that the name in the SSL certificate doesn’t match with
 url domain,
which starting with Java 7, this kind of error will occur. If they are using
apache, I think this can
be addressed by using a ServerAlias in the Apache config.

As a test, I added the -Djsse.enableSNIExtension=false flag when starting up
toolsUI, I can
hit the dataset without any issues.

Cheers,

Sean