[McIDAS #PVX-650315]: Issue trying to display dataset in mcidas

Hi Justin,

re:
> I inquired further and this is the data received from the direct EUMETCast
> broadcast, so it has not been altered. This is how it comes from the feed.

I believe that all imagery in EUMETCast is wavlet compressed, so this agrees
with my view that the 'C' in the segment file name indicates that the
segment is compressed.

re:
> If I am unable to receive the data uncompressed or am unable to use the
> software, would this be something that Unidata may be able to address or
> would this be something for SSEC at a future date?

I will take a look to see how hard it would be to transfer the logic/code
that deals with wavelet compression in the MSGT ADDE server to the FSDX
server.  I have to assign this effort a relatively low priority, however,
since I am currently consumed with updating the Unidata McIDAS-X/XCD
documentation so that it corresponds with the v2016 release that I am
ready to make available.

I'm curious what your use of the LRIT data is?

Ticket ID: PVX-650315