[McIDAS #STG-808468]: Conversion of mcidas area to shapefile format

Hi Martha,

re:
> I had figured out what was wrong and was fixing it when I got your
> messages.
>
> It was user error - while I had defined the MySQL_ROOT properly, the
> mcidas_env.sh file had apparently changed somewhere along the way
> so that the flag for the compiler to tell the build that SQL was
> To be used was not set for my mcidas session.

Hmm...  that's odd.  if MySQL_ROOT is defined in your environment, mcidas_env.sh
should setup the needed flags to build the distribution with MySQL support.

> I had looked at the
> XCD_START.LOG and saw where DMBIN said it was not using MySQL, then
> I searched for that message in the mcidas2008/src directory and was able
> to see that DMBIN had apparently not been built with MySQL support.
> So I modified my mcidas .bashrc file, and rebuilt MCIDAS 2008,
> then when it was in place I stopped then started ldmadmin and
> the database is being populated.

Excellent!

> Sorry for my mistake.

No worries.  All's well that ends better :-)

> As to xcdscour, it may be that it bombed because we had way too
> many files in the directory - I had been cleaning them out manually
> by hand over the weekend by logging on to our NOAAP decoder via
> Our VPN and doing a quick and dirty delete just to keep the decoders
> running as our disk had almost filled out.

OK, this makes sense now.

> We plan to retain only 1 days worth of data, so I will put xcdadmin
> into the cron job and see what happens overnight.

OK.

Did you remember to define the RTGRIBS and RTGRIB2 ADDE datasets from
the 'mcidas' account?  Here is what to do:

<as 'mcidas'>
cd $MCDATA
batch.k XCDGRIB.BAT
batch.k XCDGRB2.BAT

You should then be able to do the following and get listings:

grdlist.k RTGRIBS/ALL NUM=20

grdlist.k RTGRIB2/ALL NUM=20

Its all downhill from there...

> Thanks for your help.