[LDM #ABY-555196]: LDM Question

Ethan,

I drove this inquiry into our support-email tracking system (after obfuscating
hostnames) so that others might benefit.

You are correct in that the first REQUEST entry of two requests that are
identical in feedtype and pattern (but to different upstream LDM-s) will be in
primary transfer mode while the second request will be in alternate transfer
mode -- at least initially (if the downstream LDM decides that the alternate
transfer mode connection is better, then it will switch them).

There is no way to permanently set the transfer mode of a connection other than
to make the request unique in feedtype and pattern -- in which case it will be
permanently in primary transfer mode.

> Quick question about LDM behavior. I have my 4 pdinrs servers with a line
> in their ldmd.conf:
>
> request FSL2|FSL3|FSL4
> ^FSL\.CompressedNetCDF\.(MADIS\.(acars|acarsProfiles|gov_acars|gov_acarsProfiles|metar|sao|maritime|coop|mesonet1|HDW|HDW1h|POES|hydro1|raob|map|snow)|RSAS)
> <noaa.gov madis server>
>
> IF I change that on the second noaa server at each site to be two lines:
>
> request FSL2|FSL3|FSL4
> ^FSL\.CompressedNetCDF\.(MADIS\.(acars|acarsProfiles|gov_acars|gov_acarsProfiles|metar|sao|maritime|coop|mesonet1|HDW|HDW1h|POES|hydro1|raob|map|snow)|RSAS)
> <1stnoaaport>
>
> request FSL2|FSL3|FSL4
> ^FSL\.CompressedNetCDF\.(MADIS\.(acars|acarsProfiles|gov_acars|gov_acarsProfiles|metar|sao|maritime|coop|mesonet1|HDW|HDW1h|POES|hydro1|raob|map|snow)|RSAS)
> <noaa.gov madis server>
>
> This would instruct the second server to treat the noaa.gov connection as a
> “alternate” and minimize traffic to that host in favor of the
> <1stnoaaport>, correct?  Is it possible to take this a step further and
> have only a single server use noaa.gov as “primary” and the rest reference
> it as “alternate”?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ethan

Regards,