[LDM #TMD-606020]: Setting Up LDM

Montrey,

How you process and view the data received by an LDM depends on the package you
will use to view the data. See
<https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/DataFlow.html>. The three packages mentioned
(McIDAS, GEMPAK, IDV) are all intended to be installed locally.

We're having a training workshop on the LDM and visualization packages this
summer. See
<https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/news/entry/2013_software_training_workshop_coming>.

> We are looking to deploy LDM on a virtual Linux server running Ubuntu 12.04.
> Once we configure LDM and activate it, I was wondering how we would view the
> data from IDD. Is it web-based?
>
> Thanks
> Montrey Jackson
> Systems & Communications Analyst