[LDM #IEN-900363]: Problem with configure on ldm-6.9.3

James,

> Attached is a rsa key file needed to enter our Department
> gateway(gate1.atmos.ucla.edu). Place this file onto the computer from
> which you plan to reach our ldm server.  If you placed it onto your home
> directory, ssh as follows:
>
> ssh -i /home/<user>/ldm_rsa -l ldm gate1.atmos.ucla.edu <user> is your
> user account name
>
> You'll be asked to enter the passphrase. The passphrase for this file is
> XXXXXXXXXXXXX
>
> Once you're in the gateway(you should see "gate" on the prompt line),
> type the server name, horus(full name horus.atmos.ucla.edu should not be
> necessary). You'll now be asked to enter the password to horus.  That
> is  currently XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>
> Hopefully, you get in without a problem.

I got in OK. Thanks for the trust.

I was, however, unable to duplicate your problem. I installed LDM 6.9.3 as the
LDM user using both the bash(1) and tcsh(1) shells.

I'm afraid I don't know what to tell you.

To complete the installation, you'll have to execute the command "make
root-actions" as the superuser in the directory "/home/ldm/ldm-6.9.3/src".

Let me know if you encounter any other problem.

> James

> James Murakami
> Staff Meteorologist/Student Affairs
> Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
> University of California, Los Angeles
> 405 Hilgard Ave.
> Los Angeles, CA  90095-1565
>

> e-mail: address@hidden