[LDM #IEN-900363]: Problem with configure on ldm-6.9.3

James,

> I'm having a problem with the installation of the latest ldm(6.9.3).
>
> The configure script ends with an failure of some sort. Attached are the
> configure.log and config.log files.
> I run the ldm using OS Mandriva 2008(same failure occurs on Mandriva
> 2010, however). Mandriva is supposed
> to be a derivative form of Redhat(according to my systems admin).
>
> The current ldm version(6.8.1) is running fine on the server. So, this
> isn't any urgent matter. Except for eliminating
> duplicate files in the data stream, I really don't need all the new
> features of the newer version. However, if you can
> help me in getting this to compile successfully, I'd be very appreciative.
>
> James
>
> PS--As I'm not a expert with computers, you may need to "baby talk" me
> through the process.

What might really help is if I could log onto the computer in question as the
LDM user. The error appears to be due to an intrinsic action by the
configure(1) script (meaning I don't have control over it):

configure:11344: checking build system type
configure:11357: error: /bin/sh ./config.sub ... failed

If that's not possible, then would you please send me the output of the command
"~/ldm-6.9.3/src/config.guess".

> James Murakami
> Staff Meteorologist/Student Affairs
> Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
> University of California, Los Angeles
> 405 Hilgard Ave.
> Los Angeles, CA  90095-1565
>

> e-mail: address@hidden