[LDM #YXG-369372]: FW: LDM Support and Future Enhancements

Joel,

> Well specifically - my interest is in the config files.  I would like to see
> a xml or whatever based config file for management.  Also a gui I think would
> help more with filtering pqact files.

XML-based configuration-files and a GUI are both excellent ideas.
Unfortunately, shoe-horning both of those into the current LDM would
subtract from the effort at succeeding it.  (The successor will have
both those features, and more.)  The rationale for the decision to
work on a successor rather than enhance the current LDM can be found
at <https://wiki.ucar.edu/display/unidata/Create+a+New+Package>.

> What is the current plan for 7?

If by "7" you mean the next version of the LDM based on the current
LDM (rather than a successor package) then there are no current plans.

> Joel Asunskis, P.E.
> Hydraulic Engineer
>
> US Army Engineer District, St. Louis
> Engineering & Construction Division