[LDM #FKC-383851]: rtstats

Austin,

> Sorry for not getting back to you on this for a while now as other
> things came up. The high cpu and lack of new data seemed to have gone
> away after your initial fixing, but came back not long after. Do you
> think this is related to the portmapper problem?

Before addressing any portmapper problem, we need to figure-out why
"root" is the owner of the LDM log files.  Are you starting the LDM
system as the superuser?  The LDM isn't designed to be run by the
superuser, so I'm not sure if it will run without problems.

Please stop the LDM, change the ownership of all files in the "logs"
directory to the LDM user, and restart the LDM as the LDM user.

Please let me know if this solves the problem.

> I'm unsure why there is no response from the portmapper daemon. The
> iptables were set up by someone else and are more complicated than I am
> used to. Nothing seems remarkable in /var/log/messages. Since it is not
> my machine, I'd have to double check before handing out root access.
>
> Austin
>
> --
> Austin Cross
> Graduate Student / Research Assistant