[LDM #FKC-383851]: rtstats

Austin,

> I haven't intentionally started LDM as any user other than ldm.

Do you have any idea how those log files got to be owned by root?

> There
> are two executables in bin/ owned by root and setuid: hupsyslog and
> rpc.ldmd.

The files in the bin/ directory that are owned by root should be
owned by root: that's normal.

> I changed all files in logs/ to ldm:ldmusers and started up LDM again,
> logged in as user ldm. After a few hours there is still no new data. At
> the moment no one process is eating up 100% cpu, but rtstats, pqact and
> two instances of rpc.ldmd are hovering around 50% each. For now at least
> all files in logs/ are still owned by ldm.

I started the LDM this morning.  The LDM timed-out trying to connect
to the portmapper (which is running).  Apparently, the TCP connection
is being established, but the TCP data packets either aren't getting
to the portmapper or aren't getting back to the LDM.

Would you please check the system log file /var/log/messages for
relevant messages.

I noticed a bunch of VMware stuff.  Is this a Windows system on which
you're running Linux?

> Austin
>
> --
> Austin Cross