[IDV #DLJ-526227]: Bundle opens horribly: in multiple windows, with time driver missing (huge time range

> Well Morning will be embarrassing for me. Sorry 1990s met major science
> volunteer, this software is just too buggy and your time can't be used well
> unless you're a programmer.
>
> How do I salvage value from hours of effort developing my currently still
> running complex multidisplay session, when the saved bundle fails to open
> right? Can I save it in some safe mode? Without datasets I suppose and attach
> them all again by hand. But will that succeed?
>
> Save each display and dataset as a favorite? But then the displays open in
> separate windows, as per my last unanswered support ticket.
>
> Somehow learn to edit the bundles xml and salvage some parts?
>
> I could really use some help here about how to make this a project suitable
> for less skilled others to contribute to. I thought fixing my spatial subset
> and just working with the time driver was safe.
>
> Face value IDV function fails me, but I am willing to learn least-bad or
> most-robust workarounds. "Its complicated, just wait weeks or months and try
> again" will be a very unsatisfying response. Thanks for anything.
>
> Brian Mapes

Brian,
     I am at EGU this week, I will figure out this problem when I am back to my
office. The time matching is not very tricky, but it is certainly a new feature
and it is possible something not working correctly.

Yuan
> This message was typed on a cell phone, please forgive its terseness and any
> errors.
>
> On Apr 10, 2013, at 5:50 PM, "Unidata IDV Support" <address@hidden> wrote:
>

> > address@hidden,
> >
> > Your Ticket has been received, and a Unidata staff member will review it
> > and reply accordingly. Listed below are details of this new Ticket. Please
> > make sure the Ticket ID remains in the Subject: line on all correspondence
> > related to this Ticket.
> >
> >    Ticket ID: DLJ-526227
> >    Subject: Bundle opens horribly: in multiple windows, with time driver
> > missing (huge time range
> >    Department: Support IDV
> >

> > Please let us know how we can assist you further.
> >
> > Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: DLJ-526227
Department: Support IDV