[IDV #DLJ-526227]: Bundle opens horribly: in multiple windows, with time driver missing (huge time range

> > Well Morning will be embarrassing for me. Sorry 1990s met major science
> > volunteer, this software is just too buggy and your time can't be used well
> > unless you're a programmer.
> >
> > How do I salvage value from hours of effort developing my currently still
> > running complex multidisplay session, when the saved bundle fails to open
> > right? Can I save it in some safe mode? Without datasets I suppose and
> > attach them all again by hand. But will that succeed?
> >
> > Save each display and dataset as a favorite? But then the displays open in
> > separate windows, as per my last unanswered support ticket.
> >
> > Somehow learn to edit the bundles xml and salvage some parts?
> >
> > I could really use some help here about how to make this a project suitable
> > for less skilled others to contribute to. I thought fixing my spatial
> > subset and just working with the time driver was safe.
> >
> > Face value IDV function fails me, but I am willing to learn least-bad or
> > most-robust workarounds. "Its complicated, just wait weeks or months and
> > try again" will be a very unsatisfying response. Thanks for anything.
> >
> > Brian Mapes
>
> Brian,
> I am at EGU this week, I will figure out this problem when I am back to my
> office. The time matching is not very tricky, but it is certainly a new
> feature and it is possible something not working correctly.
>

> Yuan

Brian,
     I checked the attached bundle and didn't see any time matching
information, can you provide more detail information of how the time driver is
set and when the do matching is checked?

Yuan
> > This message was typed on a cell phone, please forgive its terseness and
> > any errors.
> >
> > On Apr 10, 2013, at 5:50 PM, "Unidata IDV Support" <address@hidden> wrote:
> >

> > > address@hidden,
> > >
> > > Your Ticket has been received, and a Unidata staff member will review it
> > > and reply accordingly. Listed below are details of this new Ticket.
> > > Please make sure the Ticket ID remains in the Subject: line on all
> > > correspondence related to this Ticket.
> > >
> > >    Ticket ID: DLJ-526227
> > >    Subject: Bundle opens horribly: in multiple windows, with time driver
> > > missing (huge time range
> > >    Department: Support IDV
> > >

> > > Please let us know how we can assist you further.
> > >
> > > Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: DLJ-526227