[IDD #QEC-423774]: Need to register a new LDM server

Hi,

re:
> I see a continuous stream of lines like:
>
> 20190605T184939.629954Z notifyme[4737]
> notifyme.c:notifymeprog_5:212       INFO        9709 20190605184931.115550
> NEXRAD3 62163243  SDUS85 KSLC 051845 /pN1KICX !nids/
>
> I assume this command let's me see all the available products from this
> server for this server?

Exactly.  The LDM utility is, in my opinion, one of the most useful applications
in the LDM suite as it allows you to see what you are receiving:

notifyme -vl- -f ANY              <- defaults to the local host

and what any upstream LDM that has ALLOWed you to REQUEST feed(s) is receiving:

notifyme -vl- -f ANY -h <upstream LDM>

re:
> Once the new server is fully functional, do you reach out to this mailing
> list to have the old server removed?

It would be nice if you let us know when you make the switch as it will
allow us to update:

IDD Site Contact List
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/idd/sitelist.html

NB: one must be registered with our site and login before being
able to view the IDD Site Contact List.

re:
> Can you please tell me what is the best way to get access from other
> servers like 'flood.atmos.uiuc.edu' or 'striker2.atmos.albany.edu'?

You will need to access the IDD Site Contact List to find out who
to send email to at each of the upstream sites that you REQUEST
feed(s) from.

Comments:

- the upstream machine for the NLDN lightning was changed from
  striker2.atmos.albany.edu to striker.atmos.albany.edu some time
  ago

  I am guessing that NCSU has not received any of the NLDN
  lightning data since the change.

- the sites where the two machines you referred to are located are:

  University of Illinois, Urbana/Champaign

  State University of New York, Albany
  also known as
  University of Albany

To help get you going, here are the contacts as listed in our IDD Site
Contact List page:

University of Albany
address@hidden - primary contact is Kevin Tyle

University of Illinois, Urbana/Champaign
address@hidden - primary contact is David Wojtowicz

re:
> Thank you very much!

No worries.