20180102: imminent repurposing of IDD DIFAX feed

All,

Sometime later today/this evening, we will be repurposing the IDD DIFAX
feed into one aimed at delivery of satellite imagery.  We will do
this by inserting all of the GOES-16 imagery and products that we are
receiving in the GOES ReBroadcast (GRB) and being processed by UW/CIMSS
CSPP GEO into the LDM queues on our top level IDD relay clusters.

NB:  Please do not ignore this advisory!

Sites requesting DIFAX from the top level IDD relays that Unidata operates
here in UCAR, idd.unidata.ucar.edu and iddb.unidata.ucar.edu, will see
"DIFAX" data volumes go from essentially zero bytes/hour to over 8.1
GB/hour.  If you do not want/can not handle the substantially increased
data volume that will be experienced, you should immediately remove
your REQUEST(s) for the DIFAX feed.  Your immediate action is required!!
Please remember that DIFAX is included in REQUESTs for ANY!

Please send any all comments/questions/suggestions to:

Unidata IDD Support <address@hidden>

Best Regards,

Unidata User Support