[IDD #XTZ-273294]: UNIWISC feed redistribution

Hi Elliott,

re:
> I have searched through several sites and haven't been able to find an\
> answer to this question. Forgive me if I overlooked it.

No worries.

re:
> Are there any restrictions on the redistribution of the UNIWISC LDM feed?

No.

Just so you know, all non-proprietary IDD data feeds are freely
re-distributable.  The feeds that currently can not be redistributed
outside of one's institution are:  LIGHTNING (this includes both NLDN
and USPLN data), PCWS (e.g., ACARS data), WSI (which is proprietary
to WSI (which is now part of IBM by virtue of The Weather Company's
recent purchase by IBM)).  The list of feeds that are classified as
being proprietary could change (increase OR decrease) in the future.

re:
> We have a customer who is interested in obtaining the UNIWISC feed
> from us. They're a private company, so I don't believe they would be
> able to request it directly from Unidata.

The Unidata Program Center will only provide IDD feeds to non-core Unidata
institutions when there is a measurable benefit to the Unidata community
as a whole.  Unidata participants (e.g., universities), on the other hand,
are free to provide IDD feeds of non-proprietary data to whomever they want.
Those institutions must be aware, however, that in addition to providing the
feed(s), they are responsible for supporting the site(s) being fed.  We (UPC)
will try to help out if/when feed problems arise, but our help will be in
support of the Unidata institution, not the end recipient.

re:
> Thanks

No worries.

Ticket ID: XTZ-273294