[IDD #QEG-718696]: CMC GEM Feed Down (fwd)

Hi Tom,

re: apologies for slow response

> No problem, I thought someone might be on vacation or a conference last
> week.

Thanks.  There is always a lot of things going on, but we should have
responded sooner.

re:
> This is the server I was given by Unidata when I first began getting
> the GEM model:
>
> request GEM     ".*"    ldm.weather.ec.gc.ca

OK.  It is possible that the LDM ALLOWs were changed on this machine.
We don't know why this would happen, but it seems possible.

Question:

- is your feed REQUEST being denied?

  I would check your LDM log files to see if any light can be shed
  on why data is not flowing to you.

re:
> So I assume at that time it was a single-source feed (like NLDN).

Yes, it was.

re:
> But now
> it looks like it's a relayed feed like UNIWISC, so I can get it from
> another source?

Yes, GEM can be relayed, and there are several top level IDD relays
that are providing access to the data.  I would suggest you see
if the IDD relay at Penn State has an ALLOW for you:

<as 'ldm'>
notifyme -vl- -f GEM -h idd.meteo.psu.edu

If you are ALLOWed to REQUEST the feed, you should see a line like:

Feb 16 18:50:57 notifyme[14977] NOTE: NOTIFYME(idd.meteo.psu.edu): OK

in your 'notifyme' output.  If this is the case, I recommend adding
an additional, redundant REQUEST for the data to idd.meteo.psu.edu.

Ticket ID: QEG-718696
Department: Support IDD