20051215:National Lambda Rail

Hi Art,

Yes, NCAR/UCAR will be participating.

I am directing you to a resource that has much more information than I can
relay to you.

Marla Meehl, (SCD) NCAR, gave a Unidata seminar talk on this topic, please
see:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/community/seminars/

...and scroll down to August 2005, there you will find a handy PDF
document (of her presentation) that outlines a rough timeline and diagram
of the NLR configuration and possible merger with I2. Her talk was also
archived if you wish to view that as well.

Please let me know if you desire more information than what is provided at
that link and I can ask her directly. It looks to be that the Denver ->
Pittsburgh link is established early, so we can remain hopeful :)

Cheers,

Jeff