[AWIPS #DUJ-204625]: Conflicting Requests

Hi Matthew,

There are a couple options that can be tweaked within CAVE to dedicate more
resources which can help
with performance issues, but unfortunately I think the 4GB of RAM on your
machine may be the limiting
factor.
To get CAVE to run very smoothly, I think something more along the lines of
8-16GB might be necessary.
Sometimes, this can also be dependent on the graphics card and how much memory
it has available as well.
I will say that we only support NVIDIA graphics cards to run CAVE.
There is a setting in the "CAVE" menu > "Preferences" > "Performance".  There
you can try and increase
the viz cache, but ultimately this will be limited by your hardware.
I hope this was helpful, sorry I didn't have better news for you.
Thanks.

--Shay Carter

Software Engineer II
UCAR - Unidata