[AWIPS #NRV-176452]: AWIPS - JDK question

Hi Pete,

I don't have the greatest answer for you.  The version of Java we distribute
with CAVE is 1.8.
I believe this version was the last version from Oracle that operated under a
very open and
free license.
I don't think we will move to a newer version (or release a newer version of
AWIPS) for quite
a while, and when we do, we will follow Raytheon's lead with regards to what
version of Java
is packaged with CAVE.  I assume they will be going with OpenJDKs so that the
licensing will
still be open and non-restrictive.
Hope that helps.
Thanks.