Re: Unidata support for awips

Hello Bruno

The error about the missing package, that package is the lightning decoder, which is proprietary (or close enough to it), so the NWS removes that package from their release.  So I am assuming that you have been provided with a release directly from Raytheon.

My guess would be that there is an "<packagereq type=default>" for the awips2-edex-binlightning package in the repository xml file comps.xml.

The beta release I maintain at Unidata does not include the lightning decoder.  You are free to download the beta release from http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/awips2/download/ - it only requires a login with a unidata account.  Once there, I have a 12-point instruction list to guide you from downloading the package to launching CAVE connected to EDEX server.

To answer (1), all of the packages are installed in subdirectories under /awips2, so Postgres will be in /awips2/postgres/ and Python in /awips2/python/, etc.  Service managers are installed to /etc/rc.d/init.d/.

To read without a login, I have a public copy of the install doc online at
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/awips2/doc/beta_install.html

-Michael James
Unidata