[no subject]

Mike,

In the above message, you wrote:

> UNIX_SV mstdiox 4.2MP 1.release.1023.06:21 R4000 r4000
>
> Here is what happened.
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Mike
>
> P.S. I don't need the fortran interface...
>
> I cant't find the fortran compiler or perl.  This what I get
> after config:
>
> what's next
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike
>
> - -------------
> checking type of operating system... unix_sv

The above is going to cause problems because the cfortran(3) system
doesn't know about the `unix_sv' operating system.

> [...]
> checking for string.h... (cached) yes
> checking C header file <string.h> for function strcpy()... declared
> checking for string.h... (cached) yes
> checking C header file <string.h> for function strrchr()... declared
> checking for string.h... (cached) yes
> checking C header file <string.h> for function strncpy()... declared
> checking for string.h... (cached) yes
> checking C header file <string.h> for function strtok()... declared
> checking for strstr... (cached) yes
> checking for string.h... (cached) yes
> checking C header file <string.h> for function strstr()... declared
> checking for memmove... (cached) yes
> checking for string.h... (cached) yes
> checking C header file <string.h> for function memmove()... declared
> checking for time.h... (cached) yes
> checking C header file <time.h> for typedef time_t... declared
> checking for time.h... (cached) yes
> checking C header file <time.h> for typedef size_t... declared
> checking for difftime... (cached) yes
> checking for time.h... (cached) yes
> checking C header file <time.h> for function difftime()... declared
> checking for strftime... (cached) yes
> checking for time.h... (cached) yes
> checking C header file <time.h> for function strftime()... declared
> checking for search.h... (cached) yes
> checking C header file <search.h> for typedef ENTRY... declared
> checking for search.h... (cached) yes
> checking C header file <search.h> for typedef ACTION... declared
> checking for search.h... (cached) yes
> checking C header file <search.h> for typedef VISIT... declared
> checking for tsearch... (cached) yes
> checking for search.h... (cached) yes
> checking C header file <search.h> for function tsearch()... declared
> checking for tfind... (cached) yes
> checking for search.h... (cached) yes
> checking C header file <search.h> for function tfind()... declared
> checking for tdelete... (cached) yes
> checking for search.h... (cached) yes
> checking C header file <search.h> for function tdelete()... declared
> checking for twalk... (cached) yes
> checking for search.h... (cached) yes
> checking C header file <search.h> for function twalk()... declared
> checking for perl... no
> checking for type of perl executable to create... dynamic
> checking for position-independent compilation flags... ''
>
> configure: ERROR: The following variables need values:
>
> VARIABLE     DESCRIPTION                EXAMPLE
> - --------     -------                    -------
> PERL         perl utility               /usr/local/bin/perl
>
> For each variable above, this script will now request that you input a
> value appropriate for your system.  Alternatively, you can interrupt
> this script, set the above variables in the environment or in the file
> CUSTOMIZE, and then re-execute this script.  (Variables referring to
> executable programs needn't be set if the relevant directory is added to
> PATH.  See file INSTALL for details.)
>
> Enter a value for the perl utility (e.g. "/usr/local/bin/perl"):

I suggest that you try the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source directory.

    2.  Execute the command `make distclean'.

    3.  Remove the file `config.status' if it exists.

    4.  Set the following environment variables to the indicated values:

            CPPFLAGS    -DsunFortran <plus whatever else you want>
            PERL        <empty string>
            FC          <empty string>

    5.  Re-execute the `configure' script.

    6.  Re-execute the command `make all'.