Re: pqutil

Carl Sinclair wrote:

> In pqutil, when used as ldmadmin watch, a datestamp is retrieved from
> the queue, and the resolution is smaller than seconds.  I would like to
> know what timestamp that represents (time into queue, or time of arrival
> at client) and I would like to know if the other timestamp (one of the
> 2) also has a finer resolution than seconds. Thanks for the help.
>
> --
> _______________________
> Carl Sinclair
> CAPS Research Associate
> (405)325-5938

Hi Carl,

The first time stamp reported by 'ldmadmin watch' is the current time of
the host.  The code does not seem to provide for a granularity finer
than seconds.  The second time stamp is the time the product was first
ingested, i.e., the time it was first placed into an LDM product queue.
We use the difference between the two to determine product latency.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307