NOAA is looking to hire a Supervisory IT Specialist at the National Weather Service (NWS), National Centers for Environmental Prediction (NCEP), Environmental Modeling Center (EMC). The position is in College Park, MD.
The supervisory IT specialist at the Environment Modeling Center will:
- Oversee the overall planning, direction, and timely execution of the environmental modeling mission.
- Develop information and plans related to strategic planning for development of new multiple earth system models and their future operations.
- Oversee project management activities, to include management of budgets, human resources, and schedule for environmental modeling developmental projects.
- Lead all aspects of software engineering necessary for effective transition of environmental model into by maintaining coding standards and proper version control, establishing unified workflow, making effective usage of HPC resources.
- Lead strategic activities to provide support for community codes, assist in the procurement of HPC systems, provide timely transitions between HPC systems, and support future HPC architectures.
The application process is open through June 26, 2017.
Full details, including instructions regarding how to apply, are available at the links below. Note that there are two announcements for this position; applicants are allowed to submit applications in both venues.