MetPy 0.6.0 has been released. This release has a wide collection of new features as well as minor bug fixes, including several contributions from our community:
- MetPy's upper air data download functionality has been deprecated, and will be removed in version 0.8. This functionality can now be found in Siphon (https://unidata.github.io/siphon) 0.6.
equivalent_potential_temperaturehas changed to explicitly take a
dewpointparameter. The previous implementation of this calculation was only valid for pressure and temperature corresponding to the lifted condensation level (LCL). The new formula accepting dewpoint explicitly is valid everywhere.
- Additional calculations
- CAPE/CIN, including most unstable and surface-based
- precipitable water
- Montgomery streamfunction
- supercell composite
- significant tornado parameter
- frontogenesis and (shear, stretching, total) deformation
- relative humidity
- storm relative helicity
- Bunker's storm motion
- Added isentropic interpolation
- Added support for 1D interpolation on multi-dimensional arrays
- Added example for interpolating from sigma coordinates to pressure coordinates
- Support for coloring layers on a hodograph
- Support for coloring wind barbs on skew-T
- Added function for adding MetPy and/or Unidata logos to figures
- Added warnings to
coriolis_parameterwhen it seems that degree values are accidentally passed in without units (which treats them as radians)
- Simplified turning on clipping on
- Minimum supported NumPy version is now 1.10.0
- Minimum supported Pint version is now 0.8
@abkenyon, @brianmapes, @jrleeman, @kgoebber, @mwilson14, @nawendt, @tjwixtrom, and @dopplershift all contributed code to this release.
For full release notes see the GitHub Release Page.