The following information was provided by Dr. Stefano Nativi of the Earth & Space Informatics laboratory (ESSI-lab), National Research Council of Italy - Institute of Atmospheric Pollution Research - (CNR-IIA).
I am writing to invite you to submit an abstract to the forthcoming Earth and Space Sciences Informatics (ESSI) sessions of the European Geosciences Union (EGU) General Assembly in Vienna, 22-27 April 2012. Please, see http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2012/sessionprogramme/ESSI
Authors are invited to submit abstracts by Tuesday 17 January 2012. (Please read How to submit an Abstract.)
This year we have two sub-programmes:
- ESSI1 — Community-driven challenges and solutions dealing with Informatics
- ESSI2 — Multi-disciplinary challenges and solutions across the Earth and Space Sciences
For your convenience, I listed the sessions at the end of this message.
Recently ESSI promoted a Division medal: the McHarg medal. The new medalist: Professor Peter Fox is the latest medalist; he will receive the award in Vienna at the GA meeting !
Please do not hesitate to contact me or one of the session conveners should you have any questions, and please feel free to forward this message to others who may be interested.
ESSI1 — Community-driven challenges and solutions dealing with Informatics
- ESSI1.1 New Data Paradigms in the Solid Earth Sciences
- ESSI1.2/OS4.7 Informatics in Oceanography and Ocean Science (co-organized)
- NH1.8/AS4.15/ESSI1.3/HS5.10/HS7.7 ICT-based hydrometeorology science and natural disaster societal impact assessment (co-organized)
- ESSI1.4 International Collaboration and Integration Strategies for Climate and other Geosciences Informatics
- ESSI1.5 Spatial and temporal patterns of wildfires: models, theory, and reality
- ESSI1.6 Laser Scanning: 3D Spatial Data, Analysis, and Infrastructures in Geosciences
- NH5.7/ESSI1.7 Architecture of Future Tsunami Warning Systems (co-organized)
ESSI2 — challenges and solutions across the Earth and Space Sciences
- ESSI2.1 Mathematical Modeling and Simulation Software in the Geosciences
- ESSI2.2 Earth System Modeling: Strategies and Software
- EOS6/ESSI2.3 Modern Geoinformatics and Education (co-organized)
- ESSI2.4 Full life cycle of data
- ESSI2.5 Metadata and Data Models, and Markup Languages
- ESSI2.6 Uncertainty in Environmental Data and Models
- ESSI2.7 Service Architecture challenges for multi-disciplinary systems
- ESSI2.8 Collaborative environments and semantic interoperability
- ESSI2.9/GI1.5 Intelligent geo-Information Management in the Future Internet (co-organized)
- ESSI2.10 Earth science on Cloud, HPC and Grid
- ESSI2.11 Large scale data analytics and mining in the Earth Science domains
- ESSI2.12 Real Use of Standards and Technologies - Live Demonstrations