Unidata is happy to announce the Community Equipment Award recipients for 2017. Five institutions received funding this year:
- Central Michigan University
- College of DuPage
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- University Hawaii
- University of Miami
This year special consideration was given to proposals that involve:
- Production of online training materials (code notebooks, video tutorials, online documentation, or similar resources) that can be shared with the Unidata community
- Projects that advance data-proximate analysis of large remote datasets (e.g. GOES-R satellite data)
- Installation of equipment that provides student access to modern visualization tools such as AWIPS, IDV, or Jupyter notebooks
For additional details on the proposals funded this year, see the 2017 Equipment Awards page.
We received a total of eight responses to the 2017 RFP and funded five of them, partially or fully.
We invite you to provide suggestions for the focus of future Equipment Award RFPs, and to keep your eyes open for the 2018 announcement. To get an idea of the wide range of recipient institutions and projects, including copies of successful proposals, visit the Equipment Awards page.