[UDUNITS #HVX-351096]: UDUNITS - Error while compiling using udunits.inc

Ram,

> Institution: Indian Institute of Science
> Package Version: 1.12.4
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware Information: x86_64
> Inquiry: I have a atmospheric model, which I need to compile against udunits.
> The compilation fails with the following:
>
> f77 -c -O3 -I/usr/include/netcdf-3 -I/usr/local/unidata/include udunits.f
> /usr/local/unidata/include/udunits.inc: In function `udunits':
> /usr/local/unidata/include/udunits.inc:32:
> UD_POINTER utmake
> 1                2
> Unrecognized statement name at (1) and invalid form for assignment or
> statement-function definition
> at (2)
> udunits.f:23:
> timecenters_unit = utmake()
> ^
> Invalid declaration of or reference to symbol `utmake' at (^) [initially seen
> at (^)]
> make: *** [udunits.o] Error 1
>
> Please help me out with this. I have attached the udunits.inc and the
> udunits.f.

Fortran-77 doesn't have a standard "include" mechanism.  The file "udunits.inc"
is, therefore, designed to be included by the C preprocessor and not by any
Fortran compiler.  The file "udunits.f" contains the following

        include '/usr/local/unidata/include/udunits.inc'

Change this to

#include "/usr/local/unidata/include/udunits.inc"

and try again.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: HVX-351096