[THREDDS #MPV-135157]: reinitializing thredds server

Greetings,

We'd need to see a copy of the THREDDS configuration catalog you are using to
understand how you are serving up your netCDF data. For example, are you using
a dataset element to point to a single netCDF file, or are you pointing to a
directory using a datasetScan element?

Also, for clarity, are you completely writing over an existing file when you
update, or are you appending new data to, say, an unlimited dimension?

In terms of reinitilizing the TDS, the only way to do that currently is to
restart the tomcat server. From inside the docker container, you could run the
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/shutdown.sh script, and once tomcat has cleanly stopped, you
could run the $CATALINA_HOME/bin/startup.sh script. You could also restart the
entire docker container.

Cheers,

Sean

> Hi,
>
> I have thredds server running with the official docker image. I provide
> WMS with NetCDF-files which I have copied to the content directory of
> tomcat.
>
> This is working fine, the problem is: I need to change/replace the
> NetCDFs once per day. When I do so, the WMS is not working anymore. How
> can I reinitialize thredds server (from command line) to serve WMS with
> the new NetCDFs. Or do you know another solution?
>
> (Thank you very much for thredds server)
>
> Best Regards,

Ticket ID: MPV-135157
Department: Support THREDDS