[THREDDS #AOP-269354]: Issue with loading GFS data set

Hi,

How are you pointing ERDDAP at thredds.ucar.edu? As far as I understand ERDDAP
is server software, so that means you've configured a server somewhere to point
to that opendap endpoint on thredds.ucar.edu?

We know Bob, and can reach out as necessary, but I'm still not quite sure what
the issue is or where it's coming from. Even doing:

wget
https://thredds.ucar.edu/thredds/dodsC/grib/NCEP/GFS/Global_0p25deg/TwoD.dds

works fine for me.

Ryan

> Hi Ryan,
> Thanks for looking into this.
> Yes, I just tried it again to discover this data set with ERDDAP and get
> *** EDDGridFromDap.generateDatasetsXml
> tLocalSourceUrl=https://thredds.ucar.edu/thredds/dodsC/grib/NCEP/GFS/Global_0p25deg/TwoD
> dimNames=null reloadEveryNMinutes=-1
> externalAddGlobalAttributes=null
> getDAS try#0 (timeout is 5 minutes)
> getDDS try#0 (timeout is 5 minutes)
> Error while getting DDS from
> https://thredds.ucar.edu/thredds/dodsC/grib/NCEP/GFS/Global_0p25deg/TwoD.dds .
> In the dataset descriptor object:
> `Total_ozone_entire_atmosphere_single_layer' is not a valid declaration.
> (dods.dap.BadSemanticsException: In grid
> 'Total_ozone_entire_atmosphere_single_layer The size of dimension 1 in the
> array component 'Total_ozone_entire_atmosphere_single_layeris not equal to
> the size of the coresponding map vector 'time2.)
>
> Not sure what ERDDAP uses to request the structure information of the dataset
> but the error response seems to come from the TDS since Bob Simons found the
> error message in the TDS code I believe (including the typo).
>
> Do you know Bob and can get in touch with him if required or would you like
> me to make the introduction?

Ticket ID: AOP-269354
Department: Support THREDDS