[THREDDS #AOP-269354]: Issue with loading GFS data set

Hi,

Can you confirm that this is still a problem for you and not just a spurious
failure? I just now tried to access:

https://thredds.ucar.edu/thredds/dodsC/grib/NCEP/GFS/Global_0p25deg/TwoD

using netCDF4-python, ncdump, and toolsUI (which uses netCDF-java, the same
library as ERDDAP), and everything worked fine.

Ryan

> Hi there,
>
> I tried to use the OPENDAP data found at
>
> https://thredds.ucar.edu/thredds/catalog/grib/NCEP/GFS/Global_0p25deg/catalog.html?dataset=grib/NCEP/GFS/Global_0p25deg/TwoD
>
> with ERDDAP (https://coastwatch.pfeg.noaa.gov/erddap/index.html by Bob
> Simons who I believe you have worked with before) but experienced the
> following error message:
>
> Error while getting DDS from
>
> https://thredds.ucar.edu/thredds/dodsC/grib/NCEP/GFS/Global_0p25deg/TwoD.dds
>
> In the dataset descriptor object:
>
> `Total_ozone_entire_atmosphere_single_layer' is not a
> valid declaration. (dods.dap.BadSemanticsException: In grid
> 'Total_ozone_entire_atmosphere_single_layer The size of dimension 1 in
> the array component 'Total_ozone_entire_atmosphere_single_layeris not
> equal to the size of the coresponding map vector 'time3.)
>
> Bob S explains that this error message seems to be in THREDDS, not in
> ERDDAP and has to do that each dimension (MAP) of a multidimensional
> variable should be a simple 1D dimension, but there seems to be an extra,
> incorrect "[reftime1=14]" in the time1 map.
>
> Grid {
>
> ARRAY:
>
> Float32 Total_ozone_entire_atmosphere_single_layer[reftime1 = 14][time1 =
> 93][lat = 721][lon = 1440];
>
> MAPS:
>
> Float64 reftime1[reftime1 = 14];
>
> Float64 time1[reftime1 = 14][time1 = 93];
>
> Float32 lat[lat = 721];
>
> Float32 lon[lon = 1440];
> } Total_ozone_entire_atmosphere_single_layer;
>
> Does this provide information for you to look into it? Is this something
> you can resolve?

Ticket ID: AOP-269354
Department: Support THREDDS