[THREDDS #ZYB-937927]: What kind of Data can be on THREDDS

greetings Jingtao,

Depending on how well the files conform to existing standards (e.g. CF), the
THREDDS Data Server should be able to serve these files for subsetting.

There are generally two ways to aggregate the files such that the collection
appears are one logical set of data - one is by using NcML, and the other is
by using a featureCollection. I assume these are model output? If so, the
feature collection you would want to use is called the Forecast Model Run
Collection (FMRC). While NcML aggregation appears simple at first glance,
the performance is not great and often times very small assumptions about
the dataset leads to incorrect aggregations that result in incorrect data being
served to the end user; I highly recommend avoiding NcML  aggregations,
especially for large collections like you describe.

Cheers,

Sean

> Hi,
>
> I have a pretty long term NetCDF files,  24 files a day for 15 years, each
> file is about 100MB. THREDDS is helpful to do subset (geospatial or
> variable customization),  the questions is that can I use THREDDS to host
> all files?  (15 year and 24 files/a day)?
>
> Thanks,
> Jingtao
>
> --
> Jingtao Deng