[THREDDS #TWN-232939]: AWS THREDDS NEXRAD server down?

Kevin,

Someone else has been utilizing the server a lot, and it seems to be
overwhelming the limited memory of the micro AWS instance we were hosting it
on. I've bumped up the machine now to a bigger one now (all of 2GB of RAM!).

Please feel free to beat on this machine so we can see if that solves the
problem.

Ryan

> Hi folks,
>
> Last night I was using the THREDDS_Radar_Server_AWS Jupyter notebook to
> interact with the Thredds server you are running on AWS to serve the Nexrad 2
> archive.  While the first couple of attempts worked fine, I noticed that the
> server stopped responding, and it looks to still be down this morning:
>
> ConnectionError: HTTPConnectionPool(host='thredds-aws.unidata.ucar.edu',
> port=80): Max retries exceeded with url:
> /thredds/radarServer/nexrad/level2/S3/dataset.xml (Caused by
> NewConnectionError('<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection
> object at 0x2b70cd146750>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111]
> Connection refused',))
>

> Can you take a look and advise, please?

Ticket ID: TWN-232939
Department: Support THREDDS