[THREDDS #ZBH-353592]: Issues Accessing THREDDS Radar Archive

Erik,

This forum is as good as any for reporting issues with the
thredds-aws.unidata.ucar.edu server.

We've been experiencing some transient issues with that particular server that
have so far eluded us. We'll continue to dig into this to try to make things
more reliable. In fact, as I've been writing this, the server just started to
experience issues again.

Please feel free to reach out in the future if you run into more problems; we
don't always notice things like this right away. It also helps to know people
are utilizing this service.

Thanks!

Ryan

> Howdy,
>
> My name is Erik Nielsen and I am a graduate student in atmospheric
> science at Colorado State University. I have been recently attempting to
> us the THREDDS Level II radar archive
> (http://thredds-aws.unidata.ucar.edu/thredds/catalog.html) for some
> research I have been working on. Specifically, I have been trying to
> access it from the university's network both manually (i.e., with a web
> browser) and in a Python script using the siphon.radarserver function
> and neither have worked. Up until about the middle of last week both of
> these methods worked successfully. Is there an ongoing problem with
> access to the data server? Or could it be something on our networks end?
> I apologize if this is not the correct place to send this inquiry.
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Thanks,
> Erik Nielsen
>
> --