[THREDDS #VVX-787020]: THREDDS WMS time dimension units

Paul,

My apologies that this ticket got lost.

There seems to be some weird bug at play here. On a brief inspection, the time
coordinates look fine and
our tools seem to have no problem making sense of them. Our thredds server also
doesn't show this problem
with other datasets--but I AM able to reproduce the problem with your file
locally.

I've opened a bug on GitHub: https://github.com/Unidata/thredds/issues/546

You'll be able to follow any further developments there.

Ryan

> Hoping you could help us out with this issue - since upgrading
> THREDDS from 4.3.17 to 4.6.4, the time dimension units have been
> lost in the TDS generated WMS capabilities file, which it seems is
> required to make the wms work with the time slider in ESRI's
> ArcGIS software.
>
> Old TDS (4.3.17)
> <Dimension name="time" units="ISO8601" multipleValues="true"
> current="true" default="2016-04-11T12:00:00.000Z">
>
> New TDS (4.6.4)
> <Dimension name="time" units="unknown" multipleValues="true"
> current="true" default="2016-04-11T12:00:00.000Z">
>
> I've attached a small sample file that should demonstrate the
> issue. Are you able to replicate and/or suggest a fix?

Ticket ID: VVX-787020
Department: Support THREDDS