[THREDDS #XRG-961762]: Questions about the OPeNDAP DataSet Access Form

Jasmine,

I'm assuming you're looking at NEXRAD level 2 data via opendap. In that case,
the _HI variables have higher resolution data than the rest. Unfortunately, the
high resolution data and the regular resolution are not-redundant; these
changes in resolution reflect how the data are collected by the National
Weather Service, so there's nothing we can do to change that, unfortunately.

Ryan

> Good morning,
> my name is Jasmine Abdelkrim and I am working at the Human Centered Design
> based in the Florida Institute of Technology, Melbourne.
>
> We are currently working on a project for the aviation dealing with the
> weather and we have been guided by a NOAA staff for using the THREDDS
> Server. Indeed, all the information we need is on this website and we
> intend to use the OPeNDAP dataset access form to read the data.
> However, we have an issue dealing with all the variables proposed.
> Please, allow me to ask you if you could help me with that by answering my
> questions.
>
> We are interested in the Reflectivity information, yet we still do not
> understand the difference between "Variable_HI" and "Variable".
> Is there any catalog describing all these variables and their meanings ?
> Could you explain me what the "_HI" means ?
>
> I am asking for your help because we were enable to find anything giving us
> information about the meanings of all of these variables.

Ticket ID: XRG-961762
Department: Support THREDDS