[THREDDS #XVV-643023]: threads help

Dev,

If you know Python, we have the Siphon library (siphon.readthedocs.org) that
can be used to programmatically walk a catalog and perform NCSS queries in
Python.

If not, you can still programmatically hit URLs for the queries. The query you
made would be:

http://nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov/thredds/ncss/grid/modeldata/cmd_flxf/1984/198405/19840505/flxf00.gdas.1984050500.grb2/?var=Temperature_surface&temporal=all&accept=netcdf

So you could modify the URL to point to a different dataset. It'd be better to
crawl the catalog (which is XML) to see what datasets are available, but I'm
not sure what constraints you're working with.

Ryan

> Hi Ryan,
> That works for making a subset on an individual file, but I want to subset
> all the files, or at least large batches of files. Is there anyway to do that?
> Thanks!

Ticket ID: XVV-643023
Department: Support THREDDS