[THREDDS #SGV-570847]: AWS real time chunks

Bradley,

Here's the documentation for the realtime chunks:
http://www.roc.noaa.gov/wsr88d/PublicDocs/ICDs/2620010E.pdf.

The quick summary of the format is:

[24-byte volume header (for first chunk of file only)][4-byte size of
compressed data][BZ2 compressed data]

You may be able to use bunzip2 on the compressed data once you pop off the
other bytes, but I'm not positive; otherwise you'll need to use a function
that's capable of just handling a bz2-compressed block (no other file metadata)

Ryan

> Hi,
>
> I've grabbed a sample file from the chunk data. I've included it here. I
> tried to read the data with numerous tools:
> IVD, netcdf-java, rsl, etc but no luck. Can you direct me to either code to
> fully uncompress this data or alternatively a
> fully documentation of the file.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bradley Asztalos

Ticket ID: SGV-570847