[THREDDS #BFS-580070]: Question about paths shown on THREDDS tutorial page

Hi Pete,

Looking at that tutorial now, it is in dire need of an update. Not only are
some of the paths wrong, as you mentioned, but according
to the Tomcat documentation in $TOMCAT_HOME/RUNNING.TXT (which I highly suggest
you read):

The CATALINA_HOME and CATALINA_BASE variables cannot be configured in the
setenv script, because they are used to locate that file.

So we're just giving completely wrong-headed instructions there. Oops. Here [1]
is another reference that's more up-to-date.
Just ignore the part about setting CATALINA_BASE.

As for the content root, it is principally the location of the root catalog
(named "catalog.xml"). It's also a general working directory for THREDDS;
it writes stuff like logs and and cached information there. It's our convention
at Unidata to have that directory beneath $TOMCAT_HOME
(e.g. mine is at "/Users/cwardgar/dev/tools/apache-tomcat-8.0.29/content") but
it doesn't have to be there.

Similarly, your datasets can be located anywhere you want as well. You just
need to point to them in your catalog.

Cheers,
Christian

[1]