[THREDDS #QLQ-406940]: Bug extracting surface velocity data from NCSS

Case made! I've added an issue on GitHub [1]. Since the 4.6 and 5.0 codebases
have diverged so much, I expect this fix to only be made to 5.0.

-Christian

[1] https://github.com/Unidata/thredds/issues/396

Ticket ID: QLQ-406940
Department: Support THREDDS