[THREDDS #HHD-926211]: missing GFS field

Hi Don,

The GFS Geopotential Height Anomaly grids were removed by NCEP:

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/notification/tin14-46gfs_cca.htm

There was an interesting conversation on the CONDUIT email list about
this particular change, which includes some details about why it was
removed:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/conduit/2015/msg00002.html

Cheers,

Sean

> Hi-
>
> I tried to load in this IDV bundle:
>
> http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/repository/entry/get/gfs21day.xidv?entryid=bed77d17-c5c3-4510-8a94-bfe6af227d98
>
> which uses the 1 degree GFS Best Time series.  It reports that it can't
> find the Geopotential Height Anomaly field using the latest data.  I
> suspect this is a change with the move to the new GFS, but I want to
> make sure that it is not an effect of a GRIB library change.
>
> The field is available in older files on thredds-jumbo, but not the most
> recent files.
>
> Would you please check on this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Don