[THREDDS #ZVT-415274]: Plans for upcoming MRMS GRIB2 data

Earl,

The data came up at around 15Z today, though it appears to have stopped around
21Z. I was dumping all of the grib records together, but there are too many
different grids and time dimensions in there, so I'm going to be grouping them
into about 6 different collections.

I can send you one of the messy files if you're interested, or eventually I
should have some cleaner files.

Ryan

> Ryan,
>
> I was waiting for you to start seeing the data flow :-).  Here we would have
> to open a ticket here to route the data to a COTS package.  So I was going to
> download some MRMS data as significant events appear from your web site.
> I'll ping someone on another program to see if they are seeing anything
> flowing, I donât see a new TIN or an updated TIN, so kind of wondering if
> something came up.
>
> Unfortunately the COTS package we have does not support template 5.41.  I
> have a handy dandy Perl script (and small Java application) that converts
> template 5.41 GRIB2 message to a template 5.0 (simple compression) GRIB2
> message, but they were created so that I could show the customer MRMS imagery
> in the COTS package to see if they want to pursue implementing MRMS.  It
> wasn't meant as a workaround for a COTS issue.
>
> Thanks for the information, I'll look to get up to speed on the GRIB package
> someday.

Ticket ID: ZVT-415274
Department: Support THREDDS