[THREDDS #IXX-362335]: Urgent: UMASS Production Tomcat/THREDDS server shut down due to flood of DNS requests

Hi Rich,

Yes, anyone running any web server should be checking for and upgrading OpenSSL
libraries.

The details will be different depending on the OS and such.

Ethan

> Are there things we should do to respond to Heartbleed on public
> THREDDS servers?
>
> For folks running public IPython notebook servers, we received this
> advice:"If you run a public #IPython notebook server over HTTPS, shut
> it down, upgrade OpenSSL, regenerate your TLS certificate & restart."
>
> Does the same apply to tomcat/thredds?
>
> -Rich

Ticket ID: IXX-362335
Department: Support THREDDS