[THREDDS #OKJ-220860]: Custom Data Reader

> Hello everyone,
> I am a CS student currently starting my bachelor thesis. My task is to
> integrate THREDDS and rasdaman. To that end, I have familiarized myself with
> both services and it seems to me that the solution is creating a data reader
> for THREDDS which can read the rasdaman file format (does this seem right to
> you?).
> However when looking for concrete information on these custom data readers
> (as mentioned here:
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/publications/factsheets/2010sheets/thredds_factsheet.pdf),
>  I have not really found anything. I downloaded the source code hoping to
> find an example class, but I cannot find any documentation on the
> implementation structure and hence do not really know where to look.
> Is there some sort of documentation on the structure of the source code that
> I missed?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jana Kohlhase

Hi Jana:

So are you imagining that THREDDS would be a front end server for rasdaman?

Writing an IOSP could be the right thing if you need to read file based data. I
thought rasdaman stored things in a database?

Did you see the IOSP docs in section 4 of the tutorial:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/thredds/v4.4/netcdf-java/tutorial/index.html

John

Ticket ID: OKJ-220860
Department: Support THREDDS