[THREDDS #XGM-472226]: Support Possibility

Hi Remon:

Thanks for your thanks! We would love your help if possible. Are you familiar
with git/github?

Aggregations are essentially deprecated esp for large collections. We are using
a more advanced form called "feature collections". Perhaps if you can send a
few sample files and an example aggregation, we can see if there is a way that
you can help that would directly benefit you.

John

> Dear THREDDS Team!
>
> First of all thanks for developing the THREDDS Data Server, which got a
> very important tool of our data center at the University of Hamburg,
> Germany. (http://www.icdc.zmaw.de/)
>
> We use it for HTTP and OPeNDAP Access for data and for aggregating data.
> http://www.icdc.zmaw.de/thredds/
>
> There is only one problem: Aggregations of large data sets take a lot ot
> time. Even after the cache file has been generated, big aggregations are
> still slow.
>
> Since I am a computer scientist, since I work here as a scientific
> programmer and since I am a kind of experienced Java developer, I wonder
> if I could support you a little bit. I don't know how complicated this
> might get and if you are interested in any help?
>
> I had a quick look into the code and I think the code for these
> aggregations are in the class AggregationExisting.java. Is that right?
>
> Thank you very much and best regards,
> Remon
> --
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> Dipl. Inf. Remon Sadikni
> Scientific Programmer
>
> University of Hamburg / KlimaCampus Hamburg
> Center for Integrated Climate System Analysis and Prediction - CliSAP
> Grindelberg 5 / D-20144 Hamburg / Germany
>
> phone: +49-40-42838-7581
> email: address@hidden

Ticket ID: XGM-472226
Department: Support THREDDS