[THREDDS #HPA-753738]: NetCDF subset service configuration

Dear Dr. Hegde,

I am delighted that you would like to configure a Thredds Data Server for
netcdf subset service.  Before getting into the nitty-gritty details, it would
be helpful to have some background information on your current operations.  It
seems, from you opening communication, that you are already operating a TDS,
though I am not completely familiar with implementing a Live Access Server on
top of the TDS.  What version of the TDS are you running?  If you are not
running our most recent release (4.3.18), we will have difficulty providing
support, as the netcdf subsetting service is relatively new and has undergone
several iterations of testing and enhancement since its initial release.  The
current release can be downloaded here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/thredds/index.jsp

Once you are running our most recent release, it is only a matter of enabling
the NetCDF subset service in your catalog.xml and threddsConfig.xml
configuration files, as described here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/thredds/current/tds/tds4.3/reference/NetcdfSubsetService.html

More information on the NetCDF subset service is here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/thredds/current/tds/interfaceSpec/NetcdfSubsetService.html

Please note that I have moved your initial e-mail correspondence with John
Caron to our e-support system.  Our e-support system provides a much better
forum for solving issues, and future questions should be directed back to here.

Regards,
  Lansing Madry
  Unidata
  Boulder, Colorado