[THREDDS #QDH-105441]: which schema to use?

Hi Ellyn,

The schemas don't change very often, or at least, not nearly as often as the
TDS.  I believe they will also be backward compatible, so if you have an old
catalog that references an old schema, you should be fine.  You may get into
trouble if you use new features with an old schema, as it is generally new
features that require an update to the schema.

Updating the schema in the catalog entries probably falls into the category of,
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it," but if you happen to be in the mood, it
shouldn't hurt to reference a newer schema.

Cheers,
  Lansing

> Folks-
>
> I see there are InvCatalog1.0.1 to 1.0.5 available
> (www.unidata.ucar.edu/schemas/thredds/InvCatalog.1.0.5.xsd).  Do the
> versions here correspond to TDS versions they work with, or does one
> just check periodically to see what's the latest there and update the
> catalog entries?
>
> Thanks! Ellyn
>
> --
> Ellyn T. Montgomery, Oceanographer and Data Manager
> U.S. Geological Survey
> Woods Hole Coastal and Marine Science Center
> 384 Woods Hole Road, Woods Hole, MA 02543-1598
> (508)457-2356

Ticket ID: QDH-105441
Department: Support THREDDS