Re: [thredds] OPeNDAP Clients and Cookies

Thank you very much, Nathan (as well as Dennis and Bob).  This is terrific information.

The JDBC Realm info is something I'm digging into.  I'll need to discuss with our working group whether certificates are an option or not.

Nathan, you mention "once you have your credentials (session cookies) then the client should be able to return the cookie to Tomcat with subsequent requests".  Is this all done "under the hood" with clients that can handle cookies?  Can you provide an example of an opendap client that handles/uses cookies?

I may have mentioned previously that we have a utility to allow users to obtain a cookie file and then they can send that cookie with wget or curl.  Is there any such mechanism for any opendap client that you are aware of, or should I let go of this concept?

Thanks again!

-kevin.