[THREDDS #GHS-781915]: questions from Argentina

> Good morning,Lansing Madry.
> A final question in relation to the siguinte link (obtained today):
>
> http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/dodsC/fmrc/NCEP/GFS/Global_onedeg/NCEP-GFS-Global_onedeg_best.ncd.htm
>
> the date and initial hour of the forecast is  09-06-2012 hour 06 z (start
> on 06-06-2012 at 06z) with validity at 702 hours of term [end at
> 10-05-2012 at 06z (702 hours of term)]?
>
> I think start 09-06-2012 06z end 10-05-2012 06z
>
> I check U-component_of_wind: Grid
> in time:[0:1:234]
>
> The rest I understood well
> Thank you again for your help, regards
>
> Walter
>

> >> Good morning,Lansing Madry.I am trying to get a time series of the
> >> forecast U-component of the surface level winds for to specific gridbox
> >> containing the location 45.78 S - 067.5 W, for the level of 1000 hpa. If
> >> this is not possible, it would be for surface. In another order, for
> >> example; if today, I try to obtain the data; which is the date  from
> >> start
> >> of the forecast and until term of time (end date of the forecast).
> >> Please sendo to me an example with other variable (prate)
> >> Thank you in adavance, sorry my english is bad. Regards.
> >> Walter

> >> time
> >> of

> >> understand
> >> appear
> >> level.

> >> at

> >> fmrc%2fNCEP%2fGFS%2fGlobal_onedeg%2fNCEP-GFS-Global_onedeg_fmrc%2encd;

> > Walter,
> >
> > I think you want to do the following:
> >
> > 1) Check the box next to "U-component_of_wind: Array of 32 bit Reals [run
> > = 0..86][time = 0..64][pressure = 0..25][lat = 0..180][lon = 0..359]" --
> > it is the third variable in the list.
> > 2) In the "run" box enter "0:1:0" -- or whichever run you want
> > 3) In the "time" box enter "0:1:64 -- to get all of the forecast timesteps
> > 4) In the "pressure" box enter "0:1:0" -- to get 100hPa level
> > 5) In the "lat" box enter "135:1:135" -- to get your latitude of interest
> > gridbox
> > 6) In the "lon" box enter "292:1:292" -- to get your longitude of interest
> > gridbox
> > 7) Click the "Get ASCII" button to see the data.
> >
> > You may want a different (or multiple) run instead of just the first one.
> >
> > Hope this helps!
> >
> > -Lansing
> >

> > Ticket Details
> > ===================
> > Ticket ID: GHS-781915
> > Department: Support THREDDS

Walter,

I think I see a couple points of confusion.  First, you might notice that you
have provided two similar-looking, but critically different links.  One of them
is a "best time series", the other a "forecast model run collection".  Under
the "best" time series (the most recent link you provided), there is indeed a
time with 235 steps.  However, this leads to perhaps the second point of
confusion.  The time described is "hours since 2012-08-16T00:00:00Z", rather
than the 09-06-2012 you are looking for.

Cheers,
  Lansing